Effective date: 23 May 2018
At www.theiomprocess.com & www.ianobrienmusic.co.uk, the privacy of your personal information is of extreme importance to us. Here are full details on what types of personal information we received and collect when you visit the site, and how we safe guard your info. We will never sell your personal information to anybody for any reason.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use (and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
Ian O’Brien is The data controller of Ian O’Brien Music – Guitar Lessons and can be contacted here
Our full details are:
Ian O’Brien Music – Guitar Lessons
52 Jerningham Road
Information we may collect from you
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you and for record keeping. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us to keep records
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of products and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to determine our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We also do not collect any information about criminal convictions or offences.
How we collect your personal data
We may collect data about you when you provide it directly:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites www.ianobrienmusic.co.uk & www.theiomprocess.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We many also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them and they are usually anonymous.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of www.theiomprocess.com, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and up to date security features to try to prevent un-authorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To send your our newsletter and chord charts on a weekly basis
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner from you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will never share your information with third parties or permit them to use your data to send you information about goods or services.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business)
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if 1) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or 2) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Other brands or websites we use for marketing purposes
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Some of our third parties service providers are based in the US outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by: –
– Only using US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
Here are the data processing policies of the US Privacy Shield Services we use to run our service:
- Active Campaign: https://www.activecampaign.com/privacy-policy/
- Google: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/processorterms/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/gdpr
- Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
Your legal rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
Our full details are:
Ian O’Brien Music – Guitar Lessons
52 Jerningham Road